What to consider if you’re planning on a mommy makeover in San Diego
By Dr. Paul E. Chasan, a board-certified plastic surgeon in San Diego, California
A mommy makeover is a full body contouring procedure that aims to improve your body after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding.
At Ranch and Coast Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa we believe motherhood is a beautiful thing but understand that women often desire their pre-pregnancy bodies. A mommy makeover is a series of plastic surgery procedures that remove scarring as well as excess skin and fat.
In this article, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Paul E. Chasan discusses what entails a mommy makeover including which procedures can be performed during a mommy makeover and the how a mommy makeover might benefit you.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover consists of several cosmetic surgeries that improve a woman’s body after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. A 2018 article from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons further explains that a mommy makeover can include:
- Breast augmentation (implants): Silicone or saline breast implants restore lost volume to the breast, create a more balanced figure, and can be used to reshape breasts.
- Breast lift: A breast lift reshapes the breast without the use of implants by removing excess skin and repositioning the nipple and remaining skin.
- Breast Reduction: A breast reduction is similar to a breast lift, but the goal is to reduce volume in the breast while simultaneously lifting and reshaping the breast.
- Tummy Tuck: During a tummy tuck, excess fat and skin are removed and the abdomen is repositioned.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty (body lift): A full body lift can include lifting the thighs, lower hips, abdomen, and more.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that reduces stubborn fat in the stomach, thighs, and several other areas the patient is concerned with.
One of the benefits of a mommy makeover is that it can be tailored to your distinct needs. A mommy makeover may be just a tummy tuck and breast augmentation or it might include a butt, thigh, and arm lift.
Another benefit of a mommy makeover is that you can have several procedures completed at one time which reduces the costs and recovery time of having each procedure done separately. Ranch and Coast Plastic Surgery is one of the only cosmetic surgery centers in San Diego to offer an overnight stay.
Dr. Paul E. Chasan has performed many mommy makeovers and specializes in maximum aesthetic results while also using the most advanced techniques for reducing scarring. He also works closely with you in choosing the procedures that will best fit your distinct anatomy and wants.
Mommy Makeover Results And Recovery Time
While no amount of surgery will erase how motherhood has changed your body and that’s a beautiful thing, a mommy makeover can significantly remove stretch marks, sagging skin, and fat. As a result, many women experience improved self-esteem and confidence after having a mommy makeover.
Below is one of Dr. Paul E. Chasan’s patients’ before and after photos. We can see the breast are more symmetrical, the stomach is flatter, and her skin is smoother, creating a fresher more youthful look.
Unlike past full-body plastic surgery procedures, a mommy makeover does not have a very long recovery time. “Typically, patients can return to their normal activities after two weeks,” reports a 2018 article from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Paul E. Chasan will discuss the recovery process in detail with you during a consult including your limitations which will be based on your specific needs.
Mommy Makeover Costs
Many women opt for a mommy makeover because it is less expensive and more convenient to have several surgeries at once instead of having them separately. The average mommy makeover costs between $20,000-$30,000.
Patients should keep in mind, the price of a mommy makeover depends greatly on the type and number of procedures you have done. For instance, a mommy makeover consisting of two procedures will be less expensive than a mommy makeover consisting of the three or more procedures.
Ranch and Coast Plastic Surgery and Medical Spa’s goal is to help women look and feel beautiful and Dr. Paul E. Chasan will help guide you through deciding whether or not a mommy makeover is the right procedure for you.
ADDITIONAL READING AND REFERENCES
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons: What Is Included In A Mommy Makeover?
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery: Mommy Makeover
- USA Today: What To Know Before Getting A Plastic Surgery Mommy Makeover
Have any questions or wish to schedule a consult? Click the link below to contact our office today.